Tuesday 23 June 2020

If You Just Smile....

Today this photo popped up on my Facebook memories.of me having my third round of chemo
I have been asked why I was always smiling through cancer treatments.. Well there were many reasons.. here are a couple..
On this particular photo.. I was happy that my new porto cath was working beautifully and was taking the strain from my poor collapsed veins... so no stabbing trying to insert the dreaded needle. I was also happy coz even tho my hair had gone.. I was still holding onto my eyebrows.. tho not for much longer.
I also smiled a lot because if I smiled and said I was ok...(even if I felt so unwell) the people around me didnt worry as much and smiled back. This in turn gave me strength..took away my fears and made me smile even more. My wonderful hubby and my family were amazing
I also smiled a lot because I had Faith. I had faith and trust in my doctors and nurses that worked so hard... gave such care... and instilled in me so much optimism. I listened to what they said and did as I was told
I also had Faith and trust in the Lord. I put my life in His hands and knew that He hadnt allowed me to go through so much crap in my life... bring me to a wonderful life...only to snatch it away. I fought hard.. but had an inner peace that whatever happened... I would end up in a happy place.
And I have...
So I would just like to remind you to make sure to have regular pap smears and mammograms. But to remember that there is no test for Ovarian Cancer.. and it mimics other illness.
Look for its symptoms.. Listen to your body... and push your doctor! It may save your life...

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment