Dont throw away those little pots you get at take out places for salsa, guacomole, etc...spray them lightly with cooking spray, dip them in melted chocolate and turn them upside down until they cool. They should slide off easily, then fill with cream or mousse and chocolate dipped fruit
Actually I enjoy all parts of grocery shopping...the menu planning, list making, budgeting, the shopping, and putting it away....and the coffee and cake break halfway through...
2. Are you following any particular news stories?
The illness of ex President of South Africa, Nelson Mandela is in the forefront of my mind at the moment. This elder statesman spent 67 years as a human rights lawyer, a prisoner, a peacemaker and a democratically elected president. He helped bring about freedom and democracy in a country riddled with racism, sexism and poverty. My thoughts and prayers are with him , and his family
3. How do you feel about all of the technology we have today? Is it too much, just right, or not enough?
I don't mind technology at all...I just wish I understood it better
4. On a scale of 1-10(1 being the least) how much do you worry?
I should think about a four. I try not to worry, but when you have children, you cant help it. I tend to feel that a lot of things are taken out of our hands. To worry takes away precious time from thinking of a solution. I put an awful lot of trust in the Lord and take my worries to Him. I know He will always be there for me and help me through any situation
5. Without any of your responsibilities or concern with how you would accomplish this, what would your three dream jobs be?
Hmmm...interesting question..I think mine would be :
1. Genealogist...I'm absolutely addicted to tracing my family tree....and others
2. Shoe Model for Jimmy Choo....as long as I can keep the shoes
3. Chief Taster at Ben and Jerry's.....now that's a dream job
I just love pineapple. I could literally eat it 'til the cows come home'. And, the added bonus is, its really good for you too. Pop over to my kitchen and check out the delicious recipe for Pina Colada Smoothies
Its so lovely to see Little H with his best friend Mickey. They go everywhere together and have lots of fun. They have long, meaningful and sometimes amusing conversations, although a little one sided. But Mickey never seems to mind. At least, he never complains. Mickey is so long suffering. He gets bashed, thrown across the room, chewed, dribbled on, yet always remains smiling. Even the occasional spin in the washing machine dosnt deter him. The long cuddles he and Little H have, make up for so much. This is one friendship that will last for quite a while...I hope
1. Is there a friend or relative who has been on your mind a lot lately?
My Grandma, it would have been her birthday today. She was the kindest sweetest woman I have ever met, but fiercely protective of her family. I was extremely spoilt by her. From her I got my Faith, my family values and a rather excellent Yorkshire Pudding recipe. Happy Birthday Nana
2. Do you sunburn?
I am very fair skinned and I turn a lovely Lobster Red. I'm going to have to be very careful in California, I may just frazzle.......
3. If you were visiting my farm for a week (or weekend) would you want to cook with me, pick veggies or pull weeds with the farm crew, or just feed Wendell carrots until he outgrew his horse suit?
You know...I think a bit of everything sounds fun. We could work in the garden, clearing the weeds, pick the veggies and then go make a lovely vegetable stir fry. I'm sure Wendall would love a visit and a handful of carrots too
4. Do you like to tell jokes or hear them?
I love to laugh. I enjoy more observational comedy, like Peter Kay, but the occasional joke makes me laugh..even if they are silly. Like the ones my daughter told me last night
What do you call a man covered in leaves?....... Russell
What do you call a man with a seagull on his head?.....Cliff
See what I mean.. did you groan too ??
5. Do you wear sunglasses often?
The weather in Wales doesn't warrant a lot of sunglasses wearing..but when the sun does show its face, then yes I do. Otherwise I would be permanently squinting. They also look kinda cool perched on top of my head...