Monday 25 May 2020

Memorial Weekend.. and Churches, Temples and Mosques in the US are starting to reopen... following strict guidelines of hygiene and social distancing. I’m not sure if I’m ready yet..even though by sitting at least six feet away from someone else I’m less likely to catch the virus than I am going to a crowded Walmart to do the weekly shop
Yesterday MrD and I attended a church service which was social distancing at its finest. That’s because .. we were all in our cars!
 Pastor Greg Laurie held a Drive in Church in the parking lot of the AMC cinema in the Outlets of Orange.. We arrived early and were right at the front.
It was great.. The worship was led by the fabulous Phil Wickham. 
If you got thirsty.. you put your hazards on and they would bring you hot coffee.. ice tea.. or water. 
Instead of saying the usual Amen.. we honked the horn. They handed out American flags to wave through your window to show support for the military. And the message was thoughtful and spot on
Until life gets ‘back to normal’ .. this may be the way to go.. though for now I will stick to watching services on the Livestream from the comfort of my armchair 

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment