After doing the weekly grocery shop this morning, MrD went to spend time with the other lady in his life....His 1966 Chevelle that he is restoring. This gave me ample time to make a quick batch of Oatmeal Cookies....no raisins Im afraid as my dear hubby dosnt like them... go figure! Most people have their favourite Oatmeal Cookie recipe..and this is mine.
They are soft..moist and really yummy.
Hubby loved them too.....
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups quick cooking oats
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F :190 degrees C.
- Cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time
- Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon
- Stir into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in oats.
- Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls,
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Love and Hugs