I know its Autumn..but its still very warm here in Southern California. Even so, I cant resist making soup. I made this one yesterday and its lovely and creamy...but because theres no dairy in it its low in calories. I prefer it as it is..but MrD added some chopped ham to his.
Creamy Potato and Celery Soup
1 bunch celery, diced
3 large potatoes, diced
1 onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon celery salt (or sea salt)
1.5 litres chicken stock
1 tablespoon oil
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Saute onion and potato for 3 minutes or until the onion has turned translucent.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to the boil.Once boiling, add celery.
- Bring back the boil and lower the heat.
- Add celery salt.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup with a hand blender, liquidiser or food processor until smooth