Wednesday 17 April 2024

Wednesday April 17th

There was more snow on the mountain this morning.. even thought the weather was quite warm. Its always a bit surreal to me to see palm trees against the snow
I was sent a new photo of this pretty pair... my daughter and daughter in law.
They are best friends and Im very blessed to have them in my life.
Plus... they have given me the most amazing grandchildren x
As a thank you for all his hard work I did some baking... making MrDs favourite cookies and a couple of Blueberry Banana Bread... using the fruit that was gifted to us last week.
They didnt rise as much as I thought... and thats because I didnt read the recipe properly and put into two tins instead of one...just like my chocolate chip Banana bread.. But they were very moist... packed with fruit and really delicious. I will make them again...but put all the mixture in one tin.

Blueberry Banana Bread

3 ripe medium bananas
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups blueberries

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  • Lightly grease an 8×4 or 9×5 loaf pan ( 9×5will be slightly shorter and bake a little less)
  • In a large bowl, mash bananas.
  • Add applesauce, yogurt and sugar and whisk until combined.
  • Add vanilla and eggs and stir until combined.
  • Add baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and flour and stir just until combined
  • Don’t overmix – it doesn’t have to be smooth, just combined.
  • Stir in blueberries, reserving a few to sprinkle on top if desired.
  • Spread in loaf pan and bake for 50-70 minutes (this will depend on the size of your pan),
  • Cover with foil at 40 minutes when the top is golden brown.
  • Continue baking until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment