Sunday 7 April 2024

Sunday April 7th

I always enjoy my Sundays...
its a chance to recharge my batteries ready for a new week.
There are some things you dont expect to see on a Sunday... 
which also leaves you pondering...
why??
After all that rain and hail the weather is pleasantly warm...
I think its time to get all my plants into the vegetable garden as some are getting a bit leggy. This year its a mixture of home grown seedlings, cuttings and shop bought.
I think the threat of frost has well gone now...so the only thing I have to worry about is this little devil... who is already planning his grocery run.....
And talking of food... for dinner we had a lovely chili made from this weeks meatloaf. This is an old family recipe and it says to divide into two serving bowls and sprinkle with cheese, but I wanted it to go a bit further and served it with mac and cheese 

A very tasty dish, not too spicy, and I will make it again

Grandma Addi's Leftover Meatloaf Chili


1 1⁄2 - 2cups leftover meatloaf 
1⁄4 cup chili powder
1(15 ounce) can undrained kidney beans
1(14 1/2 ounce) can undrained diced tomatoes
1cup sharp cheddar cheese, divided (optional)

  • In a medium sized saucepan, combine beans, tomatoes, and chili seasoning.
  • Heat and stir until seasonings are well blended.
  • Add meatloaf and stir until meat is heated, about 15 minutes.
  • Divide into two serving bowls, and if desired top with equal amount of cheese.
Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment