Friday 5 May 2023

The Little Prince..

So tomorrow the Uk Royal Household gets a new King...

Today... The Blue House Household got a new Prince.
This morning we travelled two hours (terrible traffic)to an animal rescue centre and picked up this fella... who was due to be put down.
We have been thinking about getting a puppy for a while and have been looking since we got back from England. But we were seeing so many posts on Facebook about unwanted dogs we had a change of heart. There were so many dogs at the shelter and the barking was deafening. It broke my heart to see them all. This little guy is about two years old... and he has the saddest eyes. While all hell was breaking out around him he was just sitting in the corner...head bowed...almost like he had given up and was resigned to his fate. We just couldnt leave him there.
So now he's home with us... and he paced around the house for about an hour until he just dropped and fell asleep. He hasn't eaten or drank anything..and shies away from our touch. And... he hasn't made a sound. He is totally traumatised... so MrD and I are going to sleep in the living room with him.. Its going to be a long night

And his name?? 

Prince..

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love this!!!! I actually have tears in my eyes after reading this! That poor baby is in for the best life! We got a rescue once, Buddy. A one year old black lab that was so big the shelter was planning to put him down, thinking no one would want a 'puppy' that size. Buddy was the. best. dog. ever. We had him 10 years, then he got cancer. I'm so excited for Prince. Once he realizes you are his forever home, he will love you with all his heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww - I hope Prince settles in quickly!
    I did watch the coronation of the new king!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Prince has a home and people who will show him that it's safe to love and get attached to them. Blessings! GM

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you for taking Prince home so he has a forever family. While I was a volunteer at our local animal shelter for a few years, it made my heart hurt to see all the dogs and cats brought in just because people didn't want them anymore. Since your post was May 5, I hope he's doing well now with you guys. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all gone well with Prince. I love German shepherds and I am on our 4th one. They are very loyal and loveable.

    ReplyDelete