Tuesday 24 May 2022

Five Years...

Good Morning from the Blue House... and its Teal Tuesday.
Its a reminder that a pap smear DOES NOT detect Ovarian Cancer. You have to look for symptoms (which is difficult as they mimic so many other ilnness) Early detection is essential as its not usually diagnosed til its too late. So listen to your body and push your doctor... it will save your life
Coincidently..this photo appeared in my memories of me five years ago during my chemo. Five years ago that my doctor told me that even if the chemo worked... the cancer would probably come back within a year. Well that didnt happen.
It was also five years ago that he said that I had a five year life expectancy... Well.. five years later...and Im still here!! The round of blood tests... doctors visits...x rays and exams have started again.. but I am not the slightest bit worried. Im feeling great...and living a wonderful life

I am very blessed...and Im not going anywhere..

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

4 comments:

  1. Patty McDonald24 May 2022 at 12:19

    Congratulations! I would say you have beat this! My dads 2 sisters passed because of ovarian cancer. One was only 28 and the other 79. Both received treatment in England (of course the 28 yo was treated ages ago). Neither survived 1 year after treatment. I have had the ovarian exam and it is intimidating and embarrassing but well worth it to be diagnosed and for peace of mind. After 5 years, you are the blessed one and have beaten this disease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to have you here and doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you are still around. I lived in CA in the 60's, 70's, & 80's. We then moved back home to TN. Really enjoy reading about your adventures, especially in gardening. We always had a garden no matter how small our yard was. We lived in LA county in several different cities. We were able to go to Disneyland when it was affordable

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my dear! I am rejoicing with you! I remember praying for you and how excited I was the day I wrote in my prayer journal by your name - Answered! I love the way you live your beautiful Life!!!

    ReplyDelete