Monday 31 May 2021

Memorial Day..


 Yesterday at church..I had the privilege to meet and talk to an amazing Iraq veteran.. who in 2005 was trapped inside a burning vehicle following a road side bomb blast. His two comrades were killed and he suffered third-degree burns over 70 percent of his body. He lost an arm..and went on to endure 40 painful surgeries. But he thanks God every day for His mercies and he is able to live an every day life with his wife and four children. His Faith and courage are inspirational... and I admit I became emotional listening to him. This is not a happy day... rather one to remember the fallen...and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

Memorial Day... tho I wont say Happy... Instead I will say Never Forget...

And I never will!

Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment