Monday 26 September 2022

Whats For Dinner ~ Meal Plan Monday


Well last weeks cooler weather sure lulled us into thinking Autumn had arrived .. but this week temperatures are set to reach the 100s again. Sigh!

Anyway things still have to be done...and theres a bit of a change here at the Blue House. I have to shuffle my schedule a bit as MrD is changing his work hours. Because of the long drive to and from work..the time he spends away from home..and the wear and tear on the car.. he has decided to increase his daily work hours... and by working one Friday a month.. he will work Monday to Thursday. My concern is how tired he will be... but he assures me that if it gets too much he will go back to the old way. But it sure will be good to have him home a bit more.

Even with the heat...I have a lot of Kitchen work to do. The garden is still producing even tho most of it has died back. I have a gluck of zucchini.. so I have to preserve it..and Im also going to make bread with it. And seeing as I have bananas that need using... and apples... I may as well have the oven on just one day and make Banana Bread and Applesauce Cake too and pop them in the freezer. I also have some butternut  squash that I want to make into soup...which I will freeze too

Its going to be a hot week

Weekly Plan - 26th September 2022

Monday             Lasagne Leftovers, Salad

Tuesday             Chicken Frajitas, Refried Beans

Wednesday        Slow Cooker Herbed Pork, Baked Potato, Cauliflower Cheese

Thursday           
Tuscan Tortellini with Smoked Sausage

Friday                Pizza Night 

Saturday            Chili Cheese Dog Bake

Sunday               Leftovers

2 comments:

  1. I hate this hot weather! But that is life in So Ca. Sounds like you will be busy in the kitchen. It all sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan... I was wondering...how close you are to me. So Cal is a huge area lol x

      Delete