Friday 13 May 2022

Gorgeous Greens...

Happy Friday from The Blue House... and its a hot one! Temperatures are forecast to reach 98F/37C tomorrow.. a bit of a scorcher
This weekend I had planned to work in the garden... especially in the overgrown corner where the ivy is starting to run rampant... so I will have to get out there early. That area is sometimes forgotten...but I do have a couple of tubs there... one with the blackberry which has finally started to grow... 
and mint which has come back to life. I keep both of them in containers as they tend to take over... and I like to keep them under control.
Around the garden everything is growing nicely...especially the sunflowers...which are really sprouting.. and are now chest height
And it was a lovely surprise this morning to see the pepper plants starting to bud

Everything is so green and luchious right now.

Lets hope the hot weather dosnt bring the grasshoppers in.....

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

5 comments:

  1. Oh the ivy, it is taking over here and hard to reign in. It's pretty but grows like kudzu. Your plants are so pretty and look very healthy! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I hope you had a lovely day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you over on the theycallmeganky blog and like what I saw so I followed you. I tried to grow mint last year. I just don't have much of a 'green' thumb. It didn't do well. Anxious to see your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty McDonald southern Ca.17 May 2022 at 15:09

    Your yard is looking so nice. Love having mint growing in my yard too. I'm really wondering what will happen come June 1st when our governor says we can water once a week in southern Ca.. Look forward to your suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just planted a blackberry bush in a container, also a raspberry bush. I think it will be a couple of years before they bear fruit. I don't do well with the heat so I always do my gardening early in the morning on those hot days.1

    ReplyDelete