Monday 29 March 2021

Whats For Dinner ~ Meal Plan Monday..

Ok... can someone tell me where March went. I blinked and it was gone!

So here we are in Passion Week. We have a lot of evening services at church this week. The huge warehouse where we meet is certainly getting some use during this blessed time.

Apart from that... the weather is beautiful right now and temperatures are set to soar this week.  My daily walks are going well and I can actually get to the top of the hill that was my challenge without getting breathless. My feet dont hurt, my calves dont pull.. though the muscles at the tops of my legs do get slightly sore by I get to the top. Thirty pounds makes a heck of a lot of difference. No Easter eggs for me this year!!

Yesterday we stopped by a Farmers Market. I was so surprised at something I found. I have been living here for over six years...and I never knew til  now that here Broad Beans are called Fava Beans. I love them so grabbed a load to shell and freeze and to use with some bacon this week. as we say in England... Lovely Jubbly!!

Also...in April Im joining a new challenge. Its called the Rationing Challenge and the goal is to make at least one recipe and at least one meal a week from the 1940s... I am scouring through the many books I have on rationing and meal stretching from the war years. They are usually economical.. vegetable based and low in fats and sugar...so can be adapted to fit into my diet plan. It should be interesting.

Have a great week..and here's our dinner menu

Weekly Plan - 29th March 2021

Monday              Herb crusted Pork Loin, Baked Potatoes and Salad

Tuesday              Chicken Frajitas

Wednesday         Broad Beans and Bacon Fritata

Thursday            Crockpot Four Cheese Ravioli

Friday                 Seared Salmon, Garlic Mash, Asparugus

Saturday             Day out with Hubby.. possibly a picnic

Sunday                Lamb Chops, Baby Reds, Green Beans and Carrots

2 comments:

  1. The rationing meals are interesting. I did a month of ration meals a couple of years ago. Some were successful and some were met with unfavorable reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menus always sound good! And the rationing challenge sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete