Thursday 14 January 2016

RIP Colonel Brandon.....

I am truly saddened this morning to hear about the passing of one of my idols Alan Rickman. I have followed this mans career for over 30 years and loved his work

His Colonel Brandon in Sense and Sensibility was my Mr Darcy. His Sheriff of Nottingham wasnt so evil...and I was very forgiving of his Professor Snape and could never really dislike him

Daniel Radcliffe paid a great tribute to him..and summed him up perfectly

Cancer is a terrible thing...and it has no respect for fame, power or wealth, It affects us all at one time or another. I pray that one day soon we will find a cure for this terrible disease

RIP Sir. I for one will genuinely miss you

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

5 comments:

  1. Sure is sad... Its funny because I didnt know but I must have just watched sense and sensibility like five times the othe day I libe when he walks in and falls in lobe with mary ann ... May he rest iin peace with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this actor in Sense and Sensibility. I never did see him in anything else. So sad to lose such talent at such an early age. I love your new look here! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so loved him, Phoebe...what a wonderful actor....

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was a very talented man!
    PS - something strange has happened regarding your blog. I use bloglovin' to get notification of new posts. I hadn't got any from you and assumed you were busy with your job. Then today, I got notice for all kinds of new posts, going back 15 days. I don't know what caused it but I'm glad it's sending me your updates again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Phoebe,

    I really cannot think of anything I have seen him in except Sense and Sensibility, but I did really like him in that part. It is encouraging to see that he was a kind and thoughtful man.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete