Wednesday 27 March 2024

More Eggs...on a Difficult Day..

I woke up this morning to the sad news that my dear aunt had passed away peacefully. She was at home surrounded by her husband, three children and a couple of grandchildren. She fought her battle with great strength and dignity but she is now at peace. It was incredibly hard telling my kids and they were all very upset..as you can imagine.
Its doubly sad as its also my other aunties birthday. Auntie Jan is only 13 years older than me and more like a big sister...so for this to happen on her 75th birthday will always be a poignant reminder. 
And yes that podgy baby is me....
I didnt stay long in the garden this morning...even though the flowers were so pretty
and strawberry flowers were appearing on their plants
Watching the wildbirds coming into the garden
did lighten my spirits a little though.. 
Just like this Dynamic Duo..
After finishing her own project Little Miss decided to help her baby sister with her Easter craft for nursery
Painted Eggs!!
They made a cow egg... a chick egg
and an egg that was supposed to be a giraffe... or maybe a pig!
My granddaughters certainly are budding artists!!!
And after a dinner of Baked Creamy Pork Chops and Vegetables 
which looked messy but tasted lovely
I had an early night...as my heart was still very heavy

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment