Monday 5 February 2024

Whats For Dinner ~ Meal Plan Monday


After a hiatus from all forms of social media.. I thought I would pop in and say hi..and I bring with me chilly weather and torrential rain. I would like to say everything has been fine, but January was a month of ups and downs.. dealing with a couple of issues happening over in England, and a bout of ill health for me

I started the year off making goals for myself... one of them being to look after myself better... and had no idea that I was going to have to. I didn't tell anyone, but I hadnt been feeling well for quite a while, extremely tired and feeling so sick after eating.. and for the small amount I was eating I was getting full fast, felt bloated and was putting on weight. I suspected that I may have been starting with diabetes.. something that is prevelent in my family... and I am now "that age". I also had a niggle that my cancer may be back... but I was due for my twice a year cancer screen and blood tests so I waited to see the doctor

Well the blood tests came back and Im pleased to say Im still cancer free. But, my liver that was damaged during my treatments has still not recovered and is not coping too well with filtering what I'm eating...and its struggling

But... the good news is.. its not diabetes (yet) and I can possibly repair the liver myself. So..he has put me on a very low carb diet... not diabetic or keto.. but along those lines. Im now three weeks in and Im still cooking the same way for MrD...as you can see from the menu... but I dont eat the carbs. Bread, pasta and rice are limited and brown.. as are starchy vegetables such as potatoes. And my Friday night pizza has a cauliflower base. 

I must say though.. Im feeling so much better already. I have more energy, am no longer nauseous or uncomfortably bloated... and I have lost weight. Hopefully at my next check up.. the doctor will give me encouraging news and my liver will be feeling a bit happier.

Have a great week.. and hopefully I will keep another of my goals... and blog more

Weekly Plan - 5th February 2024

Monday              Chicken and Leek Bake, Potatoes, Carrots and Green Beans

Tuesday              Pepperoncini Chicken, Rice

Wednesday        Beef and Vegetable Caserole,  Cabbage 

Thursday            Shrimp Alfedo 

Friday                  Pizza 

Saturday             Grilled Chicken on a Bun, Coleslaw

Sunday                Crockpot Pork, Apple Sauce, Baby Potatoes, Cabbage

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's really scary, but luckily the cancer hasn't returned. I also eat very lightly, not too much fat, and it's going well. I do eat chicken, twice a week, and sometimes meatballs made from lean beef cooked in real olive oil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news, no cancer! You can correct the liver yourself I am sure! Thanks for the menu items, I struggle to find new things to cook. Prayers for you my friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete