Monday 16 September 2024

Monday September 16th

The weather is definitely cooler today... thank goodness and there is a hint that Autumn is not too far away. Leaves are already changing colour
I have a busy canning week ahead.. so today I thoroughly cleaned the house and did some prepping for the freezer
First I made our favourite Italian Meatballs for which I use one of my 1940s recipes... They taste much better than the the processed supermarket ones...are cheaper to make.. and you know exactly whats in them, We will use some on Thursday and keep the rest for a couple of other meals
Another thing I do.. is mince fresh garlic... then freeze in teaspoonfuls on parchment paper then pop into a container. That way I always have measured garlic on hand for cooking. We eat a lot of garlic and I buy in bulk from the local Mexican market and its very cheap

Like mum used to say... look after the pennies... the pounds will take care of themselves... just like dollars.....

Have a great week everyone... and here's this weeks dinner menu

Weekly Plan - 16th September  2024

Monday              Bbq Chicken Chili

Tuesday               Chicken Frajitas

Wednesday         Sausages in Creamy Mushroom and Parmesan Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Peas

Thursday             Spaghetti and Meatballs

Friday                  Chicken Alfredo and Spinach Pizza

Saturday              Leftover Chili  with Mac and Cheese

Sunday                 Leftovers  

No comments:

Post a Comment